Today I have the pleasure of hosting YA author, Kristina Springer. She shares here the recipes for her favorite Halloween treats. Please leave a comment and help welcome Kristina to my blog.
I love throwing parties and I love a theme. So when it comes to Halloween, making some fun spooky treats to share with your friends is a must.
These are all super easy ideas that anyone can do and young and old will love them!
The first one is MUMMY DOGS.
These are so simple to make.
1) Get a tube of crescent rolls and a package of hot dogs. You can make full size mummies by using an entire hot dog or cut them in half like I did.
2) Follow the instructions on the crescent rolls for pre-heating your oven.
3) Roll out the crescent dough and cut it into really thin strips.
4) Start at the top of your hot dog and slowly wrap it all the way down, leaving a little space for the eyes.
5) Put each dog on the baking sheet and cook according to your crescent roll directions.
So easy! And yum. And if you want, add on two tiny mustard eyes once the mummies are cooked. Kids love these.
Next up, DISGUSTING TEETH.
Not going to lie, I make these for my kids just for fun some afternoons. But they're great for parties too. Or a treat to bring your dentist.
1) Slice up red apples (any kind is fine).
2) Spread peanut butter on one side of each apple.
3) Stick three mini-marshmallows on one slice of apple, peanut butter side.
4) Put another slice or apple, peanut butter side down, on top and smoosh together.
That's it! Serve right away.
Last up, PUKING PUMPKIN
I love, love, love this one! And because I like things simple, the recipe is super easy.
1) Buy a tub of any kind of guacamole, a mini-pumpkin, and some black tortilla chips.
2) Carve two eyes and a pretty big mouth into the pumpkin. Since it's a mini-pumpkin, don't cut off the top. Just do your best to scrape out what you can from the eyes and mouth.
3) Position the pumpkin at the head of your tray.
4) Make the guacamole come pouring out of the pumpkins mouth and down the tray.
5) Fill in the sides with black tortilla chips.
It's so gross, it's good right?
There you have it! Give one or all of these recipes a try and have a Happy Halloween!