Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Spooky Halloween Treats

Today I have the pleasure of hosting YA author, Kristina Springer. She shares here the recipes for her favorite Halloween treats. Please leave a comment and help welcome Kristina to my blog.

I love throwing parties and I love a theme. So when it comes to Halloween, making some fun spooky treats to share with your friends is a must.

These are all super easy ideas that anyone can do and young and old will love them!

The first one is MUMMY DOGS.

Spooky Halloween Treats - Mummy Dogs

These are so simple to make.

1) Get a tube of crescent rolls and a package of hot dogs. You can make full size mummies by using an entire hot dog or cut them in half like I did.

2) Follow the instructions on the crescent rolls for pre-heating your oven.

3) Roll out the crescent dough and cut it into really thin strips.

4) Start at the top of your hot dog and slowly wrap it all the way down, leaving a little space for the eyes.

5) Put each dog on the baking sheet and cook according to your crescent roll directions.

So easy! And yum. And if you want, add on two tiny mustard eyes once the mummies are cooked. Kids love these.

Next up, DISGUSTING TEETH.

Not going to lie, I make these for my kids just for fun some afternoons. But they're great for parties too. Or a treat to bring your dentist.

Spooky Halloween Treats - Disgusting Teeth

1) Slice up red apples (any kind is fine).

2) Spread peanut butter on one side of each apple.

3) Stick three mini-marshmallows on one slice of apple, peanut butter side.

4) Put another slice or apple, peanut butter side down, on top and smoosh together.

That's it! Serve right away.

Last up, PUKING PUMPKIN

I love, love, love this one! And because I like things simple, the recipe is super easy.

Spooky Halloween Treats - Puking Pumpkin

1) Buy a tub of any kind of guacamole, a mini-pumpkin, and some black tortilla chips.

2) Carve two eyes and a pretty big mouth into the pumpkin. Since it's a mini-pumpkin, don't cut off the top. Just do your best to scrape out what you can from the eyes and mouth.

3) Position the pumpkin at the head of your tray.

4) Make the guacamole come pouring out of the pumpkins mouth and down the tray.

5) Fill in the sides with black tortilla chips.

It's so gross, it's good right?

There you have it! Give one or all of these recipes a try and have a Happy Halloween!

Bio:

Kristina Springer is the bestselling author of My Fake Boyfriend Is Better Than Yours and The Espressologist. Her newest young adult novel, The Paparazzi Project releases December 15, 2012. Visit her at www.KristinaSpringer.com and @TinaSpringer on twitter.

Paparazzi Project by Kristina Springer

28 comments:

  1. I’m making some of these Halloween treats right now! thank you for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Halloween and I think I will try the third tip, the puking pumpin, very nice idea :DD

    Would you like to follow each other? let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg those apples look delicious! My husband is asking me to make them for him now, lol. And that little carved pumpkin is so cute :)

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of information on your
    site. Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hi there, You've performed an excellent job. I will certainly digg it and individually recommend to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this web site.
    Feel free to surf my blog post :: cheap cigarettes online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on A GOOD MAN becoming a feature film, Vanessa! Exciting!

    And, my friend just made mummy dogs for us this past weekend--they were good.

    :) Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found these spooky Halloween treats on Pinterest and can’t wait to make them soon! Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the disgusting teeth recipe. I haven't seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the disgusting teeth recipe too. I haven't seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O my those Halloween treats do look really good. Sadly not the healthiest thing to eat though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the treats!!

    Glad to be joining you in this blogfest

    Tim Brannan
    timothy.brannan@gmail.com
    http://timbrannan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh I can’t wait to make these Halloween treats!! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for these Halloween treats! They were fun to make and even more fun to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you on the mommy brain mixer this week! Following and commenting from http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/
    I hope you'll come check me out and do the same. Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am planning on making the apple mouths for my dauther's fall party at school next week. Glad to see someone else has done them too.

    Found you via momma mixer.
    http://musingsofamommabear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these recipes !! We're having a little family party they could come in useful :-) Thanks for popping over to our weekly book blog hop this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those halloween treats look so good.
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for the chance to win and happy halloween angelwolfmystic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, these Halloween recipes are awesome!! They turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing with us at FFF.
    Dawn a host and fellow blogger
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These Halloween treats sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha, the apple teeth are great and I'm so making those for my daughter!
    jenswps at yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all of these ideas. I think I will bring the puking pumpkin to a party on Tues. Thanks
    mrspoofa(at)aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ummm, I went home at lunch and made this – snuck in a few pre-dinner bites! It’s in the fridge waiting on me! I’m having some people over tonight, and I’d like to just skip the soup and salad. Cannot WAIT! Mmm – thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the recipes. They look fun and my boys will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such cool halloween snacks!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I featured you today:
    http://passionateandcreativehomemaking.blogspot.com/2012/11/beautiful-thursdays.html
    Come grab a button if you'd like

    ReplyDelete
  27. usually i don't like that vomiting pumpkin, but for some reason in the thumbnail for a linky and here i do. strange! and perfect for strange, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome Halloween party ideas in here. There’s too much to prepare for a party! From invitations, decorations, music and especially Halloween Recipes and treats! Gee excited for this year’s Halloween gatherings: D Thanks for sharing and I do hope I could pin some nice photos on my Pinterest boards. Good day!

    ReplyDelete